In this vacancy commercial skills come together with product knowledge and experience in product development. We would like to get in touch with a candidate who has some seniority in both the commercial and product technical field.
Our cliënt is a garment manufacturer with offices around the world. The company was founded in 1995 and has since grown into a multinational operating from over 10 countries, servicing all major markets. Their success is driven from creating lasting relationships, which they are really proud of.They have 4 design & marketing offices in Europe and four production offices in Europe and the Far East. They also own 4 RMG factories and a printing unit in Dhaka, Bangladesh. They have partnered with the biggest high street fashion retail chains as well with mayor fashion brands. They have over 7,000 employees operating in 10 countries.The Netherlands office is one of the 4 design & marketing offices. The Dutch team exists of in total 7 people: one team head, 3 designers, 2 product developers / account managers and an office manager. The team works in an informal setting to create up-to-date and commercial designs, and provide trend reports, product development and sourcing services to the European client base.
As Product Developer Woven / Account Manager you will be responsible for proactively developing and sourcing the non-denim & woven product category for one of our biggest clients, based in UK/Ireland. You will get to work with 5 different departments (across men and kids). You will also manage a few smaller accounts (other European clients). Crucial will be to build towards a more extensive business relationship and to expand the product range with them. This position reports to the team head of the Netherlands office.
- Relation, relation, relation!!
- Build strong relationships with international key customer personas on multiple levels.
- Excellent understanding of customer’s goals and challenges, and proactively research possible solutions and needs to accommodate them.
- Be a good ambassador foru our client and know how to present the USP’s of the company externally.
- Responsible for development of non-denim and woven collections, in line of needs and wishes of the clients responsible for.
- Advises design regarding technical possibilities and limitations.
- Works closely with design and offshore team (with our production offices) to develop materials and samples, with a sustainable approach where possible.
- Work with the offshore teams & direct reports to track status and changes to styles, follow up on deadlines for sample stages and approvals.
- Responsible for tracking calendar and sampling process.
- Takes a pro-active role in continuously improving product and ways of working.
- Has a deep understanding of pricing and understand the different cost components.
The Ideal Candidate
- 7+ years of experience in Product Development/Sourcing/Production in the Non-Denim (other Woven categories is a plus) apparel field.
- 2+ years of experience in Sales/Account Manager/Business Development role.
- Graduated at a HBO degree level / BA degree level or equivalent.
- Able to mentor and manage direct reports.
- Team player, proactive working attitude, open personality, hands-on mentality.
- Is well organized and structured, knows how to multitask.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Excellent knowledge of garment workmanship & material developments.
- Knowledge of and willing to learn more about sustainable production solutions.
- Understanding of 3D software such as Clo3D and Browzwear is a plus (added extra but not essential).
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal).
- Ability to travel within Europe and Asia to visit clients, fairs and production facilities.
- You have a driver’s license and living within a daily commutable distance of the Randstad.
What You Can Expect From Us
- A flat company culture that focuses on people’s strengths and capabilities.
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality.
- Never a dull moment, with so many different aspects to the job.
- Travel around the world for sourcing, developing, and visiting fairs and clients.
- Fun at the job!
Are you interested in the above vacancy and do you meet the profile? Then apply via the button below. For more information you can contact Loes Noom, 0610955167. Are you looking for a job in fashion but this vacancy does not suit you? Take a look at all vacancies in fashion and stay informed of our fashion vacancies and follow us on Facebook.